Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Houston, We Have A Problem: Angry Buzz Aldrin Misses Delta Flight


Houston, We Have A Problem: Angry Buzz Aldrin Misses Delta Flight

Filed Under: Delta, Videos

Well this is quite a video. TMZ has the footage of Buzz Aldrin missing his flight at LAX this morning:

It’s not entirely clear what happened, but at 9:20AM he’s still at the check-in counter for his 9:25AM flight. When he’s told that he’ll be rebooked on the next flight he isn’t happy at all, and gets up from his wheelchair to approach the Delta employees.

We’re not sure what exactly caused this, though Buzz tells the Delta employees that “I’m telling you guys, you’re going to be in a little bit of trouble, because we’ve been sitting here now 20 minutes for somebody to come and fix a two minute problem.” We don’t know what that two minute problem was.

Buzz goes on to ask for the names of the Delta representatives, and says “I’m going to see the president, I’m not kidding you.” I’m not sure if he’s referring to Delta’s president or Donald Trump. At first I assumed he was referring to the former, but maybe the latter? Given Trump’s involvement in aviation safety over the past year, maybe Buzz thinks that his next task will be improving airline customer service?

I have to say, the Delta supervisor is exceptionally professional. Even though he’s quite aggressive towards her, she maintains her composure and is extremely accommodating and apologetic. She even offers to “call the tower” so they can tell him that the plane would be leaving any minute and that he couldn’t make it (I assume she was bluffing).

Chase has brought back a similar promotion to what they offered last November, which has the potential to be lucrative. Specifically, those with the Chase Freedom can earn up to 10x points for purchases at Best Buy through February 4, 2018. This promotion…

Continue Reading »

Well that sure didn't last long. As of May 2, 2016, LATAM Peru began flying 3x weekly between Lima and Washington Dulles. This represented their fifth US destination, after Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Orlando, and like their other US routes, it's…

Continue Reading »

Emirates has long taken a unique approach when it comes to their marketing campaigns. For example, a couple of years back Jennifer Aniston starred in a pretty hilarious ad in which she has a "nightmare" that she's on another airline. She was reportedly…

Continue Reading »

Yesterday Marriott was in trouble with the Chinese government for listing Tibet, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan as separate countries in a survey that they sent out to guests. China viewed this as Marriott disrespecting their sovereignty, and to punish…

Continue Reading »

It has been an exciting week for Jet Airways. On January 1, two Jet Airways pilots got into a fight, leading to both of the pilots eventually leaving the cockpit. Both pilots, including Jet Airways' most senior 777 captain, got fired. Now there's a story…

Continue Reading »

Many airlines offer some sort of a status match or challenge program, as a way of making it easier for frequent flyers to switch their business. It's logical enough, though we've certainly seen many airlines add hoops you have to jump through. They want…

Continue Reading »

As a Californian and a loyal Delta Medallion, I'm currently gritting my teeth through a reconstruction of Delta's terminals 2 and 3 that leaves travelers on the short end of the stick until at least 2023. In the meantime, the New York Times has an interesting…

Continue Reading »

I can appreciate that travel can be stressful at times, and that many airlines could do a better job communicating with passengers. However, I can never quite figure out what possesses a passenger to do something like this. A Facebook user shared a video…

Continue Reading »

After getting off the bus from the remote stand I followed the signage for international transit. Even though I already had a boarding pass, I was told I needed to go to the transit desk and get my boarding pass reprinted. After that it was time for…

Continue Reading »

My connection in Frankfurt was nearly 2.5 hours. Air India departs from the B Concourse, so it was about a 15 minute walk from my arrival gate. The flight was leaving from gate B44, and at the gate they were doing document checks. Every passenger had…

Continue Reading »

My connection in Zurich was just over two hours. I was arriving in the E Concourse and departing from the A Concourse, which was a surprisingly long journey. I know Zurich Airport is spread out, but my gosh, the transit took a long time. First I had…

Continue Reading »

I checked in online for my flight to Zurich, so headed straight towards International Terminal G when I got to SFO. Security at SFO can be bad, though fortunately they have CLEAR, which probably saved me 20 minutes. I briefly visited the United Lounge…

Continue Reading »

After getting off the bus from the remote stand I followed the signage for international transit. Even though I already had a boarding pass, I was told I needed to go to the transit desk and get my boarding pass reprinted. After that it was time for…

Continue Reading »

In early 2017, American Airlines bought a $200 million stake in Guangzhou-based China Southern Airlines. On some level this was surprising, given that prior to this the two airlines didn't cooperate in any way. They had no codeshare agreements, and American…

Continue Reading »

Well that sure didn't last long. As of May 2, 2016, LATAM Peru began flying 3x weekly between Lima and Washington Dulles. This represented their fifth US destination, after Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Orlando, and like their other US routes, it's…

Continue Reading »

Well this is quite a video. TMZ has the footage of Buzz Aldrin missing his flight at LAX this morning: It's not entirely clear what happened, but at 9:20AM he's still at the check-in counter for his 9:25AM flight. When he's told that he'll be rebooked…

Continue Reading »




Source : onemileatatime.boardingarea

No comments:

Post a Comment