Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cheap Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Fares From Dublin Are Back


Cheap Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Fares From Dublin Are Back

Filed Under: Great Deals, Virgin

In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!

In mid-December I wrote about some phenomenal transatlantic Virgin Atlantic Upper Class fares for those originating in Dublin. Virgin Atlantic is once again back with similar fares, for anyone who is interested. This is useful for those based in Europe, or anyone who is easily able to position to Europe.

Virgin Atlantic has roundtrip Upper Class fares from Dublin to just about anywhere in the US for ~1,500-1,900USD. Virgin Atlantic doesn’t actually fly to Dublin, so the Dublin to London flight will be on another airline (typically Aer Lingus or British Airways), and then the transatlantic flight will be on Virgin Atlantic. The fare has a one week minimum stay requirement, and there’s scattered availability through the end of the schedule.

Since this ticket involves travel on multiple airlines it’s not bookable through Virgin Atlantic’s website, but rather you’ll have to book through an online travel agency. I’d recommend first searching through Google Flights and then booking through Momondo, which should get you an even cheaper fare.

For example, you can fly roundtrip business class from Dublin to New York for ~1,500USD:

Or you can fly roundtrip business class from Dublin to Los Angeles for ~1,830USD:

These fares aren’t quite as good as last time, but they’re still excellent.

You can credit these flights to Delta SkyMiles and would earn 200% redeemable miles, 150% elite qualifying miles, and elite qualifying dollars based on 40% of the distance flown. In other words, for a ticket from Dublin to Los Angeles you’d earn roughly 16,500 elite qualifying miles, 22,000 redeemable miles, and 4,400 elite qualifying dollars (that’s based exclusively on the flights between London and Los Angeles, since you can’t earn SkyMiles for the British Airways flights between Dublin and London).

Virgin Atlantic has a solid business class product, and an exceptional lounge in London. So if you do book one of these, try to leave plenty of time in London prior to your transatlantic flight so you can enjoy the Clubhouse.

Obviously this fare is great for anyone looking to travel from Europe to the US, but it could even be useful for those based in the US who travel to Europe with some frequency. For example, I have several trips planned to Europe over the coming months, so I could easily use the Dublin to US sector for the return of one trip, and then the US to Dublin sector for the outbound of a subsequent trip.

I really do enjoy Virgin Atlantic’s service, and now that I’m going for status with Delta, this sure is a comfortable way to achieve that.

If you do book one of these tickets and have access to US credit cards, make sure you maximize the points you earn. The Chase Sapphire Reserve℠ Card offers triple points on airfare purchases, and also offers fantastic travel coverage in the event of irregular operations.

Anyone taking advantage of these great Virgin Atlantic Upper Class fares to the US?

(Tip of the hat to BABoy84)

I've just spent a few days in Yerevan, and spent two of those nights staying at the Marriott Yerevan. This is supposedly one of the best hotels in the city, if not the best (the Kardashians stayed here when they visited in 2015, and there's no one who…

Continue Reading »

British Airways has first class fare sales with some frequency. While British Airways' first class isn't great (I've often called it the world's best business class, but I'm not even sure that's accurate anymore), flying British Airways first class is…

Continue Reading »

British Airways has first class fare sales with some frequency. While British Airways' first class isn't great (I've often called it the world's best business class, but I'm not even sure that's accurate anymore), flying British Airways first class is…

Continue Reading »

I've written several times over the past two years about Starwood's Luxury Privileges program, which is Starwood's proprietary preferred partner program. Luxury Privileges offers special perks like daily breakfast, room upgrades, and hotel credits when…

Continue Reading »

The past couple of years we've seen a massive increase in the number of discounted business class fares that airlines publish. It used to be that a $2,000 roundtrip transatlantic business class fare was exceptional, while nowadays it's quite common.…

Continue Reading »

Alaska's takeover of Virgin America closed in December 2016, though as you'd expect, not much changed overnight. Instead the process of integrating two airlines takes years and years, given how many hurdles there are to overcome. Heck, Continental and…

Continue Reading »

While it's normal to see cheap business class fares out of Pakistan, at the moment we're seeing some exceptionally good fares, even better than usual. Obviously these could be useful if you're based in Pakistan, but even otherwise these could potentially…

Continue Reading »

A couple of weeks ago Royal Jordanian was celebrating their 54th anniversary by offering 54% off all flights. That deal was so insane that it caused their website to crash, and I wasn't actually able to get anything to price. Today Royal Jordanian is…

Continue Reading »

For the past several years I’ve been participating in the SPG Stars program, which has taken me to some pretty awesome places. I love the SPG Amex Credit Card, and it’s one of the cards I’ve had in my wallet for the longest amount of time. It was one…

Continue Reading »

A couple months ago I went to Alaska for a weekend. (It was the cheapest way to complete my Delta Platinum Medallion challenge.) I didn't realize how cold and snowy it'd be in October! But I made the most of it. I just needed a quiet, comfortable place…

Continue Reading »

We arrived in Santiago at 9:40PM, while our connecting flight was at 11:40PM, so we had a decent connection time. However, the transit process ended up taking longer than expected. I found the signage in the airport to be bad, and as we made our way…

Continue Reading »

Our flight from Easter Island to Santiago was departing at 2:55PM, and the hotel dropped us off at the airport at 12:40PM, which seemed awfully early. To enter the terminal you had to put your bag through an x-ray, though the person manning the belt…

Continue Reading »

I'm just wrapping up a couple of crazy trips that had me flying 40,000 miles in 10 days. I'm exhausted, as this has been an insane couple of weeks of travel even by my own usual crazy standards. On the plus side, I was able to spend a few days in Yerevan,…

Continue Reading »

Over the years I've had my fair share of empty first class cabins. I'd estimate that I've probably been on close to 10 international first class flights where I was the only person in the cabin. It goes without saying that it's a real treat when that…

Continue Reading »

I'm really lucky when it comes to the punctuality of the flights I take. No, my flights aren't always on-time, but off the top of my head the last overnight flight delay I recall was on an Etihad flight from Incheon to Abu Dhabi in 2014. I've certainly…

Continue Reading »

British Airways has first class fare sales with some frequency. While British Airways' first class isn't great (I've often called it the world's best business class, but I'm not even sure that's accurate anymore), flying British Airways first class is…

Continue Reading »




Source : onemileatatime.boardingarea

No comments:

Post a Comment